Growth boosting plant/tree mycorrhiza.
Mycorrhiza are fungi that live in a beneficial relationship with most tree roots. Mycorrhiza increase the tree roots access to water and nutrients and therefore increase tree growth especially in poor soil conditions which are often found in tree planting areas.
Just as we apply starter fertiliser when young saplings are planted we also need to consider inoculating with mycorrhiza to enhance survival rates. Most soils in Australia are devoid of mycorrhiza due to tillage, chemicals, compaction and loss of organic matter making saplings very susceptible to drought and nutrients shortages. If we can inoculate the saplings with mycorrhiza we can limit these stresses and survival/growth rates will increase.
- Improved nutrient uptake.
- Improved water uptake.
- Improved resistance to drought and other stresses.
- Increased tree growth rates.
- Increase tree access to locked up soil nutrients like phosphorous/iron/calcium.
- Compatible with Tree-Starter.
- Suitable for conventional and organic forestry.
- Contains Trichoderma to control pathogenic fungi.
- Contains Endomycorrhizae and Ectomycorrhizae to increase tree species compatibility.
- Wide range of compatible tree species including natives that will benefit more information at the end of document.
- Nutrition for Up to 25 plants per 250g if using recommended application rates
250g heat sealed ziplock foil pack to extend shelf-life.
1 kg heat sealed ziplock foil pack to extend shelf-life.
4 species Endomycorrhizae (150,000 propagules per kg minimum).
2 species Ectomycorrhizae (110 million Ecto propagules per kg minimum).
2 species Bacillus, 2 species Trichoderma and other beneficial bacteria.
Tree Planting tube stock:
- 5 grams (1 heaped teaspoon) sprinkled on the root ball over the planting hole.
- 10 grams (2 heaped teaspoons) per tree watered in around the root zone. Apply enough water to carry the mycorrhiza to the root zone.
- 10 grams per meter square around the root zone. Apply enough water to carry the mycorrhiza to the root zone.
- 500 – 1000 grams per cubic meter of potting mix.
- Store in a cool, dry environment, do not freeze.
- Shelf-life is one year if stored correctly.
- 90% of plants are endomycorrhizae compatible, 5% are ectomycorrhizae compatible leaving only 5% of plants that won’t benefit from Plant-Mycorrhiza. Please see the list on the next page.
Endomycorrhizal Plants(Plant-Mycorrhiza compatible): Acacia, Agapanthus, Alder (endo/ecto), Alfalfa, Almond, Apple, Apricot, Araucaria, Artichoke, Ash, Asparagus, Aspen (endo/ecto), Avocado, Bamboo, Banana, Barley, Basil, Beans, Beech (endo/ecto), Begonia, Birch, Black Locust, Blackberry, Blue Gramma, Box Elder, Boxwood, Bulbs, all, Cacao, Cactus, Camellia, Carrisa, Carrot, Casuarinas, Cedar, Celery, Cherry, Chickpea, Chinese Tallow, Chrysanthemum, Citrus, all, Clover, Coconut, Coffee, Corn, Cotton, Cucumber, Currants, Cypress, Dogwood, Eggplant, Elm, Eremophila, Ericas, Erythrina, Eucalyptus (endo/ecto), Fern, Fescue grass, Fig, Flax, Flowers, most, Fushia, Gardenia, Garlic, Geranium, Ginseng, Grape – raisin, Grape – table, Grape – wine, Grasses, Grass Tree, Hardenbergia, Hawthorn, Hemp, Herbs, all, Hibiscus, Holly, Impatiens, Isopogon, Jasmine, Jojoba, Juniper, Kangaroo Paws, Kennedia, Kiwi fruit, Leek, Lentil, Leschenaultia, Lettuce, Ligustrum, Lilac, Lily, Lucerne, Lychee, Magnolia, Maiden Grass, Mango, Maples, all, Marigold, Melaleuca, Melons, all, Millet, Mimosa, Mint, Mondo Grass, Morning Glory, Mulberry, Myrtaceae, Myrtle, Nasturtium, Oats, Okra, Olive, Onion, Palms, all, Pampas Grass, Papaya, Passion Fruit, Paulownia, Peach, Peanut, Pear, Peas, Pecan, Peppers, all, Persimmon, Petunias, Pistachio, Pittosporum, Plum, Podocarpus, Poinsettia, Poplar (endo/ecto), Potato, Privet, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Redwood, Rice, Rock Melon, Rose, Rosemary, Rubber, Rye, Ryegrass, Sagebrush, Saltbush, Shallot, Snapdragon, Sorgham, Soybean, Squash, Starfruit, Strawberry, Succulents, Sudan Grass, SugarCane, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet Potato, Sycamore, Taxus, Tea, Teak, Tobacco, Tomato, Verticordia, Violets, Walnut, Water Melon, Wheat, Willow (endo/ecto), Yam, Yucca.
Ectomycorrhizal Plants(Plant-Mycorrhiza compatible): Alder, Aspen, Beech, Birch, Chestnut, Cottonwood, Eucalypt, Fir, Hazelnut, Hemlock, Larch, Linden, Oak, Pecan, Pine, Spruce.
Non Mycorrhizal Plants(Plant-Mycorrhiza not compatible): Azalea, Banksia, Beet, Blueberry, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Canola, Carnation, Cauliflower, Collards, Cranberry, Heath, Kale, Orchid, Protea, Rhododendron, Rush, Rutabaga, Sedge, Spinach.